I love pears as much as any fruit, and with super cheap prices I bought way to many of them. Like two bags full. Even with my love, there is only so many pears a girl can eat. So I had to think of another way to use these pears before they went rotten. Not something I like to happen when I buy too many of things. Here are my Mini Pear Pot Pies.
These turned out so good and are so cute! With the few pears I had left I wanted to do a twist on my Pillsbury Pear Roll-Ups but not the same thing. Something just as sweet and would really hit my sweet tooth without causing cavities.
I had three pears left but as I cut them up and tossed them into the larger mixing bowl the third one I cut into was rotten on the inside. Sad face Totally wasted but after the mini pies were filled I didn’t have any leftovers so I knew that the third one I didn’t need. Just chop the pears than add the pecans. In a smaller bowl add the butter, maple syrup, vanilla and spices then microwave for about 30 seconds. Just enough to have a slight melting and will mix well.
Add the mixture to the pears and stir to cover it all. Open the crescent rolls and lay out on sprayed muffin tins. Squish the pear mixture down into each crescent tin. Fill over the top then lay the roll sides across the tin. Bake at 350 for 20-23 minutes. Enjoy these for breakfast, snack or dessert. These are perfect for anytime of day!
2 Pears, washed and chopped
1 Pillsbury Original Crescent Roll
3 Tbsp Maple Grove Farms 100% Pure Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Earth Balance Butter
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Ginger
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 C Chopped Pecans
1. Turn oven to 350 degrees.
2. Clean and chop pears and dump in large bowl. Add chopped pecans.
3. In small microwaveable bowl add butter, syrup, vanilla and spices and heat for 30 seconds. Mix well.
4. Add to pears and mix all together.
5. Spray each muffin tin with Pam and lay crescent rolls over each.
6. Spoon pears into each tin-overfilling with mixture. Lay sides of rolls over the top and squish together.
7. Bake for 20-23 minutes. Enjoy!