I had some apples in the fridge for about two weeks and wanted to use them up. I have been having my apple and oatmeal breakfast but the apples only had a day or so of life left in them, so I decided to bake up some biscotti. This recipe is so simple and transformable, so making an apple pie type was an easy leap for me.
I made this biscotti easier on myself by not doing separate bowls for dry and wet ingredients. I mixed all the dry then made a well in the middle and added the applesauce, vanilla and milk. I mixed it all then added the chopped apples. You can make it even easier on yourself by adding the apples along with the wet; waiting until after everything is mixed, it is more like squishing the apples into the batter. Bake the first part for 30 minutes at 350 degrees; take out and let set for 10 minutes and lower to 300 degrees. Slice in half then into slices (I normally get 21 out of mine) then bake for 30 more minutes. Enjoy!
Vegan Apple Pie Biscotti, 21 servings
2 1/2 C Flour
2 Tbsp Milled Flax Seed
1 1/4 C No-Cal Sweetener
½ Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
½ Tsp Allspice
3/4 C Musselman’s Cinnamon Applesauce
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
3 Small Apples, washed and chopped small
3/4 C Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1. Turn oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
3. Add applesauce, vanilla, and almond milk and mix.
4. Add apples and combine.
5. Spray baking sheet with Pam or lay down parchment paper.
6. Lay dough on baking sheet and form into a thick log / rectangle.
7. Bake 30 minutes.
8. Take out and let cool slightly (about 10 minutes) and turn oven down to 300 degrees.
9. Cut into thin slices and lay flat (I cut my log in half lengthwise, then each half into 10 or so slices).
10. Bake for 30 more minutes.
11. Let cool and enjoy!!!
Total Fat: 1g
Total Carbs: 15g