I know this sounds like a weird combo right? Ham and mayo in a pasta? I was really in the mood for a sandwich but didn’t want the carbs, so I looked through (stood in front of the open fridge for a long time) the fridge to see what my options were. What was in there that could or needed to be used up. I don’t keep a lot in the fridge but I have been buying up the on sale zero pasta and decided this Vegan Ham and Mayo Pasta was it.
And just real quick because I know how winners love to know first off. The winner of the Nasoya Free Coupon Giveaway is Richard with his dehydrated tofu jerky!!
I love Tofurky ham deli slices, and I buy them with the intention of making sandwiches, but I never do. Normally I will just eat the slices by themselves because I never buy bread; I don’t eat it fast enough and I don’t like to waste so I rarely buy it. But Nasoya Pasta Zero has still been on awesome sales so I keep buying it and keeping it in my fridge. But I also had received coupons from Nasoya to try the Nayonaise, which is a vegan-like mayo, and also the Nayowhipped. I am in love with the Nayowhipped! It tasted just like the regular mayo salad dressing / miracle whip – oh gosh it’s good. Like lick the knife good. Like dipped rolled deli ham slices in the Whipped good. A little mushroom and shallot sauteed with sliced ham and spices. Gosh, this was the perfect substitute for a sandwich! I will be making this again the next time I really want a sandwich. I love the salad dressing spread – it just makes everything better!
Start with chopping the mushroom small and slicing the shallot thinly then dumping into a saute pan with a little olive oil and sprinkle in herbs and mince in garlic. Add two tablespoons water and saute on medium heat. Slice ham and add to pan and saute until starting to brown. Plop in Nayowhipped and add about two more tablespoons water and mix and heat through. Drain and rinse zero pasta really well (get the smell off) then dump into pan and mix until well coated and hot. Dump into a bowl and eat up! Enjoy this different take on a classic sandwich!
1 Pkg Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms, chopped
1 Medium Shallot, sliced
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tsp Basil
1/2 Tsp Thyme
2 Tbsp Water
5 Slices Ham, chopped
2 Tbsp Nasoya NayoWhipped
2 Tbsp Water
1 Pkg Nasoya Zero Pasta Spaghetti
1. Chop mushrooms into small pieces and slice shallot thin chunks. Dump into a saute pan with a little olive oil.
2. Turn pan on medium heat and add two tablespoons water along with the basil, thyme, and minced garlic. Saute until starting to brown.
3. Slice ham into small pieces then add to pan and cook until starting to brown and veggies are sauteed well.
4. Add Nayowhipped and two more tablespoons water and mix until well combined and heated through.
5. Drain and rinse noodles really well then add to pan.
6. Mix noodles into veggies and sauce until heated through.
7. Dump into a bowl and enjoy!