If you are anything like me you hate making real meals on the weekend. Me and my snacking go crazy on weekends, so I try to make a big ole pan of roasted veggies on a Saturday and then I can just snack off that pan all weekend. Doesn’t matter if it’s straight out of the oven, or gone cold overnight in the fridge – I love snacking on roasted veggies. Here is another tray of vegan and gluten-free Italian Herb Roasted Vegetables.
I decided to change up the roasted veg rotation this week with sliced mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, and green beans, with a semi-new to me onion – the shallot. I have only used them a couple times before, and they are so cute I thought I would use them instead of my normal yellow onion. Add some minced garlic, mmmmm, and the herbs? Italian seasoning! Kind of like tomatoless marinara. This pan of veggies contains everything I love in a meal – great veg and strong herbs, with garlic. And forget the obvious that it is totally healthy all on its own, but it is also really awesome over spaghetti noodles sprinkled with a little olive oil. Mmmm.
Start by washing green beans then breaking off bad ends then cutting or breaking large beans in half then drop them and smaller ones on a foil lined baking sheet. Slice Brussels sprouts in half then dump those along with sliced mushrooms on pan. Halve shallots then slice very thin then drop over veggies, then mince garlic cloves over everything. Drizzle olive oil over pan then sprinkle herbs. Use your hands to mix everything together until everything is fully coated. Bake for 45 minutes, stopped at 20 to mix everything. Enjoy
1 lb Green Beans, washed
1 Pkg Brussels Sprouts, halved
2 Small Shallots, Sliced thin
1 Pkg Sliced Mushrooms
4 Large Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp Basil
1/2 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tsp Thyme
1 Tsp Rosemary
1. Set oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with tin foil.
2. Wash green beans then break ends off; slice large beans in half then dump all beans on tray.
3. Halve all sprouts and dump them with sliced mushrooms on tray.
4. Slice shallots thinly then dump on tray then mince garlic over all veggies.
5. Drizzle oil over all veggies then sprinkle herbs over everything.
6. Use hands to mix everything until fully covered.
7. Bake for 20 minutes then take out and mix, then bake 25 more minutes.