While contemplating Thanksgiving meal ideas I knew it was the sides that I needed to focus on. Since I don’t have the money right now to buy a vegan turkey meal, the sides are the limit!…pun intended 🙂 Here is a twist on potatoes and green beans. Savory Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans.
I love potatoes so it is no hardship for me to test out the recipes before the holiday to make sure they were good enough for the big T day. I was trying to come up with something other than the requisite mashed potatoes or a mashed alternative, so I decided to try a turkeyesque seasoning on the roasted potatoes. I love roasting potatoes in the oven, but normally I just toss them with dried chives and a little salt and yum!
Last year I made these green beans and they were a big hit so I knew they would end up in there again. Roasting brings brings out the natural flavors of any veggie, and really all you need is a small amount of salt to help it along. The seasoning really brought home the Thanksgiving flavors and with the potatoes, I so did not miss the mashed potatoes or carbilicous stuffing.
Savory Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
2 Tbsp Bertolli Olive Oil
1 Lb Fresh Green Beans, washed and snapped
4-5 Medium Potatoes, washed and chopped
2 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1. Turn oven to 375 degrees. Wrap baking sheet with foil.
2. Add olive oil, poultry seasoning and pepper to medium-large bowl.
3. Wash beans and potatoes. Snap off ends of beans and break in half, add to bowl.
4. Chop potatoes into small chunks. Add to bowl.
5. Use hands to mix oil and veggies.
6. Pour onto baking sheet. Bake 45 minutes.
7. Take out and lightly sprinkle with salt.