I love a good zucchini bread, but traditionally the bread is so super sweet that you can only eat one slice with a ton of butter at a time…or at least you should only eat one slice at a time. I decided to remake my old favorite but wanted to try baking it in my crockpot. Here is my Vegan and Clean Crockpot Zucchini Bread.
Well this recipe was a labor of love for me…seeing that I made it a couple times before getting it right. Baking in a crockpot is not for the faint of heart. And soggy cake-like bread is actually not as tasty as one would think. Total bummer really. The first go-around took about four hours and still wasn’t done, so I popped it into the oven. Not good. Second time the bottom of the bread was really “crisp”, or burnt (whatever), but the rest was fine.
This time was different. I played with different ingredients. Decided to not go gluten free this time and I think that helped. Getting gluten free baked goods to rise is still a true mystery to me. Oh well, this turned out really yummy.
Vegan Crockpot Zucchini Bread, 14 slices
2 C Gold Medal Flour
1/4 C Flax Meal
1 Tbsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Ginger
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 So Delicious Coconut Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 C Maple Grove Farms 100% Maple Syrup
2 Medium Zucchini, washed and shredded
1. Clean and halve two small zucchinis. Shred on cheese grater or in food processor.
2. In mixing bowl combine flour, flax, baking soda and powder, and all spices. Combine
3. Make a well in dry ingredients and add vanilla, yogurt and maple syrup. Mix well.
4. Add zucchini and combine.
5. Spray non-stick spray onto the bottom and sides of the crockpot.
6. Pour in batter and even out.
7. Turn crockpot to high and put lid on. Bake in crockpot approximately 2 hours toothpick should come out clean. Don’t lift lid at all-just let bake.
8. Turn off slow cooker, take off lid and let stand 15 minutes.
9. Use spatula to take out of crockpot.
10. Slice and enjoy!
Total Fat: 1g
Total Carbs: 24g
I entered this recipe into the So Delicious 3 Course Recipe Contest using So Delicious Dairy Free.
5 thoughts on “Vegan Crockpot Zucchini Bread”
How amazing and clever is this? I’ve never baked in my crock pot! Sounds delicious!
It took a few tries to get it right, but it turned out really moist and yummy! But I don’t think zucchini bread can be made wrong 🙂
Hey! Interesting! Yum
🙂 It turned out good and this is definitely how I am going to bake during the summer when it is too hot to turn on the oven!
I’ll try it! I didn’t know you could do that! How great.