Long name but super tasty. Especially when you make your own herby bread and make a healthy no-nut “mayo” for your chicken! And not just any no-nut mayo, but a creamy avocado spread. No extra ingredients you can’t understand or unhealthy fat you don’t need. Bake some homemade bread and you have the perfect sandwich! Here is my Herb Chicken Salad with Homemade Bread.
My bread actually rose! Yes, let me say it again, my homemade baked bread actually rose! I mean, if you read here a lot you know I have trouble making baked goods rise. And I love homemade baked bread so much, it is like a little piece of home wrapped up in some carbs. I also love baking bread with herbs in it. You can turn any ho-hum bread into an amazing bread with the addition of herbs baked into it. For this bread I used whole wheat flour, I wasn’t going to try my hand at gluten-free bread again, and I followed the directions on the yeast packet (probably why it turned out right) and added poultry seasoning, black pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. It smelled like Thanksgiving while baking. Yum! And the best part about this bread was using the no-knead rapid rise yeast. A little less time in the warm kitchen.
Other than the bread this is a no-time-at-all meal. Just chop the chicken into small pieces then warm through and add a little crust over warm heat in a saute pan. While that is going, get small sealable containers set out. Cut two stalks of celery into small, minced pieces and add to containers. Once chicken is done add to containers. In a small bowl add half an avocado, rice milk, lemon juice, dijon, and spices. Cream together with fork then add to one container of chicken and celery. Mix then add to a slice of bread.
It is best to make each creamy salad at night before work the next day. If you make one big batch for the whole week it will get brown and gross looking and you won’t want to eat it. Each night just mix up the avocado and other ingredients and add to one small container and mix. Have your bread sliced for the next day. It is yummy also with some lettuce and tomato if you have it. Enjoy!
Herb Chicken Salad with Homemade Bread,
1 Pkg Beyond Meat Lightly Seasoned Chicken
1 1/2 Tbsp Rice Dream Unsweetened Rice Drink
1/4 Tsp Lemon Juice
2 Tsp French’s Dijon Mustard
1/4 Tsp Poultry Seasoning
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Stalk Celery, minced
1. Follow directions on yeast packet. Mix water and yeast until dissolved then add to dry ingredients.
2. Mix until combined then pour into a non-stick sprayed bread pan. Let rise in warm place for one hour.
3. Bake until golden brown on top, about one hour.
4. While bread is rising and baking defrost chicken.
5. Chop chicken into small pieces then brown in saute pan over medium heat.
6. While chicken is browning chop celery.
7. In small bowl cream together with a fork the avocado, milk, mustard, lemon juice, and seasonings.
8. Add chicken and celery to avocado mixture and mix.
9. Slice bread and make your sandwich.