Mmmm, pumpkin. And cookies. And oatmeal cookies. Okay, I could go on and on about my love of cookies. With my Elimination Diet starting up again I wanted to challenge myself with making an actual holiday cookie that was not sweetened with sugar or sugar-sub. I wanted to use maple syrup. And the perfect way to do that is with the ever popular pumpkin. And since I love oatmeal cookies (especially when my parents make them – there is just something very yummy about parent-baked treats) I figured this was the recipe to do it! Hope you enjoy some vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies – Elimination Diet recipe.
Mmmmm, cookies. Who doesn’t love them, and want them all the time. Doesn’t matter what season you are in, you will eat cookies. And when it’s Fall and pumpkin is all over the place? Pumpkin cookies are even more necessary! So this time for my Elimination Diet I wanted to make cookies that I could eat and not feel guilty about, but also eat and not feel deprived during this holiday sweets time. I also wanted to try baking with just maple syrup instead of another kind of sugar and I was pleasantly surprised. Now – these still have calories, so don’t go eating a whole pan in one sitting (talking to myself here) but they are incredibly healthier than your normal oatmeal cookie. It has an entire can of pumpkin! And with so much pumpkin spice and a little extra cinnamon they turn out a little spicy, a little squishy (I love that) and are just as awesome and perfect for breakfast! Got extra? Freeze them so you can have them later!
Start by processing your own oat flour in a small food processor then dumping into a small bowl. Add the spices and baking soda and powder and mix. In the small FP mix the banana and maple extract until smooth then dump into a large bowl. Add the pumpkin and maple syrup and mix until completely combined. Dump in the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in half the oats and mix, then add the rest of the oats, raisins, and milk and mix until combined. Portion out cookies onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Let cool for one minute then take cookies off sheets and place onto cooling rack. Hope you enjoy these semi-squishy but oh-so-good pumpkin spiced oatmeal cookies!
2 Tsp Maple Extract
1 Can Libby’s Pure Pumpkin
1 C Organic Pure Maple Syrup
1 1/2 C Oat Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice
2 Tsp Cinnamon
3 C Oats
1 C Mixed Raisins
2 Tbsp So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1. Set oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small food processor make your oat flour by processing oats into powder, then dump into your small bowl and add baking soda and powder, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon and mix. Set aside.
3. In the small FP add the banana and extract and process until smooth.
4. Dump into a large mixing bowl and add pumpkin and syrup and mix until really combined.
5. Add all of dry and mix well.
6. Add in half the oats and mix. Then add the rest plus the raisins and milk and mix until just combined.
7. Portion out small cookies on the baking sheets and bake 12 minutes.
8. Let sit on baking sheet one minute to cool and set then move to drying rack or counter.
9. Keep going until batter is gone.