I’ve said it before, but I love stir fry. Especially with an overabundance of veggies in it. I also love sesame oil, but ooh, knowing when too much is overdoing it before you’ve added that too-much is the tricky part. Sesame oil is an overwhelming and strong flavor. Which is why I love it – because it’s kind of like me. Hahahah. But if you know how much to add and you hit that perfect spot then oh man you get the best flavored stir fry ever. Like this vegan and gluten-fee Easy Sesame Stir Fry, it’s got the perfect flavors.
It has been super hot hear in Cali – I know, duh it’s summer – which means the oven doesn’t get turned on as much for roasted veggies. What do you do when you need something healthy to munch mindlessly on? Turn the burner on, that’s what. And I do love stir frys – they let you eat a ton of veggies, and you can constantly change up the flavors so you never have to eat the same thing. This time the sesame oil got to be the main flavor, and boy you don’t know when it’s over done until after you’ve finished cooking. It just has the most amazing smell that you want to just keep adding it for more and more flavor. Fight it. Just fight that feeling. Trust me. I’ve tossed quite a few pans of veggies due to sesame overload. It’s kind of like vanilla extract – it smells amazing and you want to take a drink of it, but when you do it’s awful tasting. That’s sesame oil. Add too much and awful.
Start by opening the bag of stir fry veggies and taking out the larger pieces of broccoli and cutting into smaller pieces, then take out the beans and cut into smaller pieces also. Add to a large saute pan with about 1/2 cup broth to get everything steaming. Quarter the Brussels sprouts then add them to the pan with broth. You’ll end up using about 2 1/2 cups of broth for steaming of the veggies. Once the broccoli and Brussels are almost tender add the rest of the bag of veggies and steam. In a small bowl mix the broth and the rest of the sauce ingredients and add to the pan and mix. Turn heat to low and cook veggies and sauce. Drain and rinse the noodles then add to the pan and mix everything together. Then just eat up and enjoy!
Easy Sesame Stir Fry,
2 lbs Bag Pre-Washed and Cut Broccoli Stir Fry Mix, cut small
12oz Bag Brussels Sprouts, quartered
2 Shallots, minced
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Ginger
1 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Star Fine Foods Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 C Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
3 C Imagine Foods Vegetarian No-Chicken Broth
1 Bag Miracle Noodles
1. Pour about a half cup broth into the saute pan and start warming on medium heat.
2. Open the bag of broccoli mix and take out the larger pieces of broccoli and peas and but into smaller pieces and add to the pan.
3. Quarter the Brussels and add to the pan with the other veggies.
4. Add more broth to ensure enough liquid is in the pan to steam the veggies.
5. Once the veggies are almost tender, add the rest of the bag of veggie slaw.
6. Use about 2 1/2 cups broth to steam all the veggies.
7. In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup broth with shallots, garlic, ginger, pepper, sesame oil, balsamic and rice wine vinegars, and maple syrup.
8. Mix then pour over the veggies and mix to cover all veggies.
9. Cook on low heat about 5 minutes.
10. Drain and rinse the noodles then dump into the pan. Mix everything to combine.