Oh spinach and artichoke dip, how I love thee. Who else could write and ode to spinach and artichoke dip? Even if you think you hate spinach or artichoke, just having them in an amazing cream cheese blend will make you a believer about how amazing they are. Now, as listed below, I have made a ton of recipes themed after this goodness, but not an actual dip! What? No dip yet? It took me awhile to actually find a way to make it and not use cheese – cream cheese or other. Now I’ve made it, and it will be my go-to party dip! I hope you get some of this vegan and gluten-free Cashew Cream Cheese Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip soon!
There is just something about a hot, gooey dip as an appetizer at a restaurant that makes everyone just dive in. But, wow, the calorie bomb of it all. And that is probably why I’ve never tried to make the actual dip before. Too many calories for me to want to keep the dip around! But after trying cashew “cheese” before and the cashews staying in a this dip/cheese like consistency I figured why not? It’s football season and dipping season is here!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipes:
Start by boiling some water and then dumping your cashews in once it’s rolling. Turn the burner off and let them soak while you get your onions going. This dish is very tart by the vinegar – because you’re using the artichoke liquid and all that seasoning gold in that jar! I love not having to use oil in sautéing recipes and this one is perfect, because I love artichoke liquid! Pour one jar of liquid into a sauté pan to warm then dump in your chopped shallots, green onions, and garlic. Once onions are soft and browned dump in the other jar of liquid and the spinach to start wilting. Dump the artichokes into a small food processor and puree then dump into the pan and mix really well. Drain the cashews and add all cashew cheese ingredients to the food processor and let whirl. Dump into the pan and mix gently. Let simmer about 10 minutes. Then eat!
Cashew Cream Cheese Spinach and Artichoke Dip,
1 1/2 C Raw Cashews
1 C So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Cashew Milk
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Chives
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
5 Green Onions
2 Jars Seasoned Artichoke Hearts
3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 Tsp White Wine Vinegar
1/2 Bag Fresh Spinach
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add cashews and turn off burner and let soak about 30 minutes.
2. Mince finely the shallots and green onions.
3. Pour one jar of artichoke liquid into a large sauté pan and turn on high.
4. Lower heat to medium and add the shallots, green onions, one tablespoon garlic, and chives and let soften and brown.
5. Add the other jar of liquid and the spinach to the pan. Let spinach wilt.
6. In a small food process dump in the artichokes and puree. Dump into the pan and mix everything then sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon pepper over the mixture and mix again.
7. Drain the cashews and add to the food processor with the rest of the pepper and garlic, nutritional yeast, milk, and vinegar. Puree until smooth.
8. Dump into the sauté pan and mix everything well. Turn burner to low and let simmer to combine flavors about 10 minutes.
9. Serve up and enjoy!