One of my favorite things to eat on the weekends is tomatoes and avocados. Every Saturday when I go grocery shopping I pick up a couple of tomatoes and avocados and slice both up and drizzle a little balsamic and olive oil on them and have a healthy snack, lunch or dinner. Here is my Simple Tomato Avocado Salad.
This really is the most simple salad you can have. You don’t even need the lettuce, but for a more filling meal it is best to eat it. I usually forgo the lettuce and only have a chopped tomato and an avocado – drizzle them with one tablespoon each of oil and vinegar. Add some pepper and done. So dang good!
For this one I chopped all the veggies for a late lunch and it made a large salad so I ate on it from lunch all the way through to dinner. It was that big and filling and so good. Starting with the dressing add the oil, balsamic, Dijon mustard (which I love for this dressing!), and garlic to a small container and mix with a fork. Refrigerate until salad is ready. Wash the tomatoes and carefully cut them. Start by quartering the tomatoes then swiping out the seeds and juice. Try to get as little liquid as possible into the bowl. Chop smallish.
Carefully cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Twist to split. Carefully tap the knife into the pit and twist out. Slice the avocado and spoon into the bowl. Pour the dressing over the veggies and mix. Chop the lettuce and add to the bowl or onto your plate. Add pepper and enjoy!
3 Large Tomatoes, washed, chopped and de-seeded
3 Small Avocado, chopped
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp French’s Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1. Wash all veggies.
2. Pour oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic into small container and mix with fork. Refrigerate until salad is ready.
3. Chop tomatoes – be sure to swipe out the tomatoes seeds and juice. Toss de-seeded tomatoes into the bowl.
4. Carefully slice avocados in half lengthwise. Tap the knife into the pit and twist it out. Slice the avocado into chunks and spoon onto tomatoes.
5. Pour dressing over veggies and toss.
6. Chop lettuce and toss with dressed veggies. Pour onto plate and add pepper to taste.