So I had posted about the vegan and gf cauliflower pizza crust, and how much I enjoyed it. Enjoyed it enough that I made another pizza at the same time. Enjoyed enough that I want to keep on making pizza! Enjoyed it so much that I am trying to think of new ways to not just use this crust, but also new recipes with cauliflower “rice”. Have your tried it yet? Here is my Taco Pizza with the Cauliflower Pizza Crust.
I had originally bought the taco ingredients…to make tacos, but then the pizza making was so awesome and I had so much shredded cauliflower leftover and I haven’t had a taco pizza in over twenty years (tragic I know) that I decided to go for it. After the crust is done everything else is super simple. True with any pizza crust, I suppose. While the pizza crust is baking process the beans, which just means drain and rinsing the beans and putting them in the food processor and adding spices. Turn on and let go.
On the crust pour your sauce and spread with a spoon. Then spoon the beans on top of the sauce then carefully (because the crust will split) smooth them out with either the spoon or your fingers. Then sprinkle the chopped onions, taco filling (this is not gf, unfortunately), mushrooms and olives, then top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes then eat up. Be careful when putting on plate – the crust is flimsy and should be eaten with a fork. Savor this and know that you have made a less-calorie pizza crust and your own “refried” beans!
1/4 Large Head Cauliflower
2 Tsp Cumin
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Paprika
3/4 C Bobs Red Mill Creamy Brown Rice Farina
2 flax egg
Go here to learn about making and baking the crust.
2 Cans Bush’s Black Beans
1 Tsp Cumin
2 Tsp Garlic powder
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/2 Can Muir Glen No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
1/2 Can Muir Glen Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
1/2 Small Red Onion, chopped small
1 Small Can Atlantic Natural Foods Meatless Select Veg Taco Filling
1 Can Olives, drained and sliced
1 Pkg Go Veggie! Mexican Style Cheese Shreds
1. Bake crust for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. In food processor pour drained beans and spices. Process until beans are smooth.
3. When crust is done take out and set on top of oven.
4. Pour tomato sauce over crust and use a spoon to spread.
5. Spoon beans over sauce and spread carefully with either a spoon or your fingers.
6. Next sprinkle the chopped onions, meatless taco filling, sliced mushrooms, and olives.
7. Sprinkle cheese then bake for 20 minutes.
8. Let cool a few minutes then use a knife to cut.
9. Use a large spatula to place slice on plate.
10. Top with lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced avocado and enjoy!