This is just an easy wanna-be dessert. It’s more like an after dinner appetizer. Not really a full-fledged dessert, more of a cute little snack. It’s also a healthier way to get a yummy dessert in a single-serving. Just a spoonful ‘o goodness in this cream-cheesy pumpkin goodness. Here is an easy vegan and gluten-free Pumpkin Cheesecake Blintz goody.
These are the perfect little nuggets of gooey goodness for the single person who doesn’t get to go home for the holidays but still wants to have dessert and feel festive. They are the easiest thing in the world – just a rolled up little non-fried burrito. Easy and fast. Seeing as I won’t get to go home for Christmas this year, I was thinking of how I could enjoy a pumpkin pie-type dessert without all the calories of a real pie. This is it. And even better than calling this a pumpkin burrito is calling it a blintz, which is just a thin pancake similar to a crepe. Well, no crepes or pancakes here – corn tortillas it is.
Start by mixing your pumpkin, cream cheese, sugar, and pumpkin spice. Get your pan out and spray with non-stick spray. In the microwave place a paper towel on the glass then lay your tortilla/s then another paper towel over the top, and microwave 20-30 seconds. They need to be pliable so they won’t break when bending. Take out and plop a spoonful of the mix in the middle then wrap up like a burrito and turn to let it sit on the folded side while burrito’ing the other blintzes if making more. Turn pan on to medium and immediately place roll-ups in pan. Heat one side then squish down with a spatula then flip and let cook. Take out and place on a plate. They will be chewy and gooey – enjoy!
Go Veggie! Plain Cream Cheese
Libby’s Pure Pumpkin
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Mission Corn Tortillas
1. Spoonful each of pumpkin, cream cheese, and sugar and sprinkle of spice. Mix with the spoon and taste test to see if need any more of one.
2. Spray a pan with non-stick spray; do not turn on burner yet.
3. Microwave tortillas for 20-30 seconds on a paper towel.
4. Take out of microwave and plop a spoonful of mixture into each.
5. Turn burner on to medium. Fold up sides of tortillas like a burrito and place edges side down.
6. Heat until browned and flip, then brown other side.
7. Turn off burner and slide onto a plate.