When you feel like stuffing something and having stuffing you have to find a healthy way to do it. A way that let’s you enjoy the stuffed food and have a bunch of stuffing that won’t kill your waistline. And when you are wanting to get a little saucy and try a new recipe, something to pour over your stuffing like you do on a holiday? What better way to get stuffed and sauced than to enjoy these vegan and gluten-free Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Chz Sauce?
The stuffing? I don’t know what it is about sauteed onions and celery that makes it smell and taste like the holiday’s, but it does. Add a little mushroom and zucchini and you have an awesome stuffing recipe that you can do anything with. Like herb it up with a different type of stuffing seasoning. How about some Herb de Provence? So good and the lavender in it just shines through and is so good – it has quickly become my favorite seasoning in my rotation. And the chz sauce? Well this is my first time trying a real sauce with nutritional yeast and it doesn’t really have a lot of flavor other than the yeast – I will be remaking the sauce at some point to try and figure out how to spice nutritional yeast cheese sauce into amazingness; however, the sauce totally grew on me. The more I let it sit, the more I grew to really like it. It has a unique flavor and you can’t really tell if your tasting the yummy beans or the nutritional yeast. You will see this sauce more in some recipes because I totally want to keep trying to make this even better.
Start by washing and scrubbing your potatoes then poking holes in them with a fork or knife. Since there is no baking involved with these baked stuffed sweet potatoes, microwave the SPs until soft. Once soft take out and let sit until cool enough to handle. Once cooled halve the potatoes lengthwise then scrape out the soft mash into a small bowl then mash with a fork and set aside. Chop onion, mushrooms, celery, and zucchini into small pieces then dump into a large saute pan with a little olive oil and herbs and garlic. Saute until almost all liquid from the mushrooms is gone then dump in the mashed potato. Mix everything together really good and lower heat to simmer and just let heat through about 10 minutes. In a small food processor dump all the “chz” sauce ingredients and let whirl until smooth. Stuff the potatoes and smother with sauce and enjoy!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Chzy Sauce,
5 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes, washed and microwaved
1 Large Yellow Onion, diced small
2 Pkgs Button Mushrooms, diced small
5 Stalks Celery, chopped small
2 Small Zucchini, chopped small
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Herb de Provence
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1/4 C Nutritional Yeast
1 Can White Beans, drained
1 C Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
1. Start by washing and scrubbing your sweet potatoes. Use a fork or knife to poke holes in the potatoes then pop in the microwave until soft and tender.
2. Once heated through and soft, place on cutting board until cool enough to handle then slice length-wise and scrape out innards into a small bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside until ready.
3. Dice onion, zucchini, celery, and mushrooms into small pieces then dump into a large saute pan with a little olive oil.
4. Turn heat to high and dump in garlic, pepper, and Herb de Provence and mix everything really well. Use water to add moisture then turn heat low and let cook until liquid is almost gone.
5. Mash in the sweet potato and mix well. Let warm about 10 minutes.
6. Spoon filling into hollowed out potatoes – save leftovers to eat and snack on.
7. In a small food processor dump in drained beans, nutritional yeast and milk.
8. Mix until liquefied. Spoon over potatoes.