This time of year is all about ease and appetizers. Snacking and snackable foods. Easy and tasty. Something that can be made ahead of when your guests are coming and popped in the oven when they arrive. Or easy to put together before heading to a party or potluck. Getting these little vegan Stuffed Mushroom Roll-Ups together was so simple, and quick to bake, and I’ll definitely be making them for future get-togethers.
Appetizers are a wonderful thing – you know you’ve had an awesome get together if the apps are all gone. People standing around the table chit chatting and catching up. Diving in for more or double-dipping – that’s the sign you’ve made the best food. This months The Recipe Redux inspiration was to find a recipe in a cookbook and recreate it – choose a recipe on a page with the numbers 2016. My favorite cookbook is the one my parents have had since they got married – it’s a simple Betty Crocker cookbook with simple recipes. The recipe I chose to remake were some easy stuffed mushrooms, but who wants to take the time to stuff things when you can just wrap them?
Easy to make with just a few ingredients, the filling can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready. Start by mincing the mushrooms and getting them into a sauté pan with a little oil. While they are cooking mince the shallots and celery. Once the liquid is almost gone from the pan add the shallots and celery and all the spices and mix. Cook about 10 minutes on low heat while laying out the crescent rolls. Place 2-3 spoonfuls of mixture onto each roll and wrap up. Bake 13 minutes then enjoy!
Stuffed Mushroom Roll-Ups,
1 Can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 8oz Pkg Button Mushrooms, minced
1 8oz Pkg Cremini Mushrooms, minced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Shallots, minced
1 Celery Stalk, minced
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tsp Thyme
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp Ground Oregano
1. Set oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rinse and mince all mushrooms.
3. Pour oil into a saute pan and turn heat to medium and dump in mushrooms and stir.
4. While mushrooms brown mince shallots and celery.
5. Once liquid is almost gone add in shallots and celery and all herbs and stir well.
6. While veggies continue to brown roll out the crescent rolls on the cutting board.
7. Once veggies are browned take off heat. Spoon 2-3 spoonfuls of veggies onto roll then fold over all three sides.
8. Press sides together so they hold while baking then place gently on baking sheet.
9. Bake for 13 minutes.